Recycling Depot - Operating until March 31st 2020
Nanton Recycling Depot
Located on 1914 19 Avenue, east of Highway 2.
Hours of Operation
The hours of operation have changed. For more information, click here
What items are Accepted at the Depot?
- Co-mingled household recyclables - the same items that are accepted in the blue recycling bins. For a full list click here
- Grass clippings
- Garden waste
- Branches under 5 cms suitable for chipping
- Used tires
- Electronics (see next section)
What items are NOT Accepted at the Depot?
- No residential garbage
- No commercial garbage
- No construction waste
- No paint
- No oils
- No chemicals
Electronics Recycling Program
The Nanton Recycling Depot is registered in the Electronics Recycling Program. This program is helping protect the environment by keeping electronics out of landfills in order to be recycled in an effective, secure, and environmentally safe manner. This service is free of charge. For more information on the program please visit Alberta Recycling.
Nanton Bottle Depot
Located at 2117 16 Street in Nanton. Please visit the Beverage Container Management Board for hours of operation.
There are two landfills in the area:
- Willow Creek Regional Landfill - 13053 RR 263 south of Twp 114, M.D. of Willow Creek
- Foorthills Regional Landfill and Resource Recovery Centre - 434137 Hwy 783, M.D. Foothills
Located on Highway 783 (16 Street E.), 5.5 Km south of Highway 7, 5 km north of Highway 543
The Town of Nanton does not accept hazardous waste. The Foothills Regional Landfill and Resource Recovery Centre does.
The address is:
434137 Hwy 783
Located on Highway 783 (16 Street E.), 5.5 Km south of Highway 7, 5 km north of Highway 543.
For more information on the bylaw regarding recycling, go to the bylaw page and click on the 'Environment' tab.