- Our Services
- Municipal Enforcement
Call 403-601-3639 when you have a bylaw issue or concern.
Once your call is received, all pertinent information is collected and a report is created. Municipal staff will determine how best to address the report and may follow up with a call if necessary. If the matter at hand is an emergency that requires police, fire or ambulance services, call 911.
Please be advised that, while your details will generally be held in confidence by the Town, you cannot make an anonymous or third-party complaint.
To file a complaint please call: 403-601-3639
Municipal Enforcement is responsible for enforcing bylaws, to protect people and property and to preserve and maintain the public peace. The Town of Nanton Peace Officers key responsibilities include:
- Ensure public compliance with various town bylaws
- Provide information and interpretation of Municipal Bylaw and Provincial Statue requirements to town residents
- Administer town bylaws
- Support and promote the mission, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Town of Nanton
- Education by awareness campaigns
- Assist in public safety programs
- Deal with complaints and inquiries
- Prepare all necessary documents for prosecution of offenders including summons, subpoenas, witness statements, and court briefs
We ask that all residents are responsible pet owners for safety reasons. This includes picking up waste, and maintaining control over your animal in public. If you see someone who is not picking up after their dog, please call 403-646-2029 or Email.
- Animal Control Bylaw
- Dog license application and fees
- The Nanton Animal Protection Society is a separate incorporated not for profit organization in town that utilizes a small network of foster homes to provide for rescued animals with efforts to find these animals a permanent home.
Throughout the year, our officers visit schools, senior lodges, and other community groups to educate on various subjects including:
- Internet Safety for Kids
- Internet Safety for Parents
- Stranger Danger
- Bicycle Safety
- Avoiding ID Theft
- Community Pride
- How to Fit a Bike Helmet
- Self Esteem
- Senior Safety
- Senior Driving Tips
- Halloween Safety
- Community Clean Up
- Senior Scooter Safety
- School Bus Safety
- Point, Pause and Proceed
If you would like to see a presentation, please contact Municipal Enforcement.
Provincial Law Enforcement
Peace officers, under the Peace Officer Act of Alberta, are currently appointed to enforce the following provincial acts:
- Traffic Safety Act
- The Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act
- The Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
- The Dangerous Dogs Act
- The Animal Protection Act
- The Tobacco, Smoking and Vaping Reduction Act
- The Trespass to Premises Act
- The Provincial Offences Procedure Act
- The Petty Trespass Act
For more information on these acts please visit the Alberta Justice and Solicitor General website.
Lost and Found
Municipal Enforcement is responsible to administer the Municipal Government Act Regulations for the disposal of lost property. This means if you have lost or misplaced items such as your wallet, cell phone and/or bicycle please contact Municipal Enforcement