Compliance Certificates

A Compliance Certificate is usually required by lending agencies and/or lawyers in the sale of property and/or mortgage approval in order to protect their clients' investments. Standard real estate purchase contracts often require the vendor to obtain the Certificate. A Compliance Certificate is not a legislative requirement, it is a service provided by the Town of Nanton for a fee. The town does not require you to get a Compliance Certificate. Requests for compliance generally can be processed in one to three days depending on the circumstances. 

Mail or drop off to the Town Office at least two original copies of the Real Property Report (RPR) prepared by an Alberta Land Surveyor with the appropriate fee.  All RPR's must be newer than one year unless accompanied by a Statutory Declaration.  RPR's greater than eight years old will not be accepted.  A Certificate of Compliance or a Certificate Respecting Compliance will be issued depending on whether there are any non-compliant or non-conforming buildings or structures within the property.  There may be follow up required with the Planning and Development Officer to obtain permits or approvals for identified non-compliant buildings or structures.