Effective November 13, the Alberta government is implementing new targeted measures to protect the health system and limit the spread of COVID-19.
At the moment Nanton, and the MD of Willow Creek are on 'Open' status. We are not under 'Enhanced' or 'Watch' status. For more information on the status of certain areas - https://www.alberta.ca/maps/covid-19-status-map.htm
- In all regions under watch or enhanced status, restaurants, bars, lounges, and pubs will be required to stop liquor sales by 10 p.m. and close by 11 p.m. o This measure allows businesses to stay open but will help limit the duration of risky behaviour associated with social mingling, coupled with the consumption of alcohol. T
- This measure is mandatory and will be in effect from November 13-27.
- All faith-based leaders are asked to limit their gatherings to one-third capacity per service. This measure will be in place until we see less stress on our healthcare system
- For offices that are able, please reduce the number of employees in the workplace at one time.
- Finally, we are asking all Albertans in communities with watch or enhanced status to avoid any social gatherings in their homes, and to avoid attending social gatherings outside their community.
To download the full COVID-19 Restrictions sheet - here's the link - https://www.nanton.ca/DocumentCenter/View/2810/Nov-13--2020-COVID-19-Restrictions
These measures are specifically targeted to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in areas where we are seeing an increase in cases.